MWC Titanium General Service Watch, 300m Water Resistant, 10 Year Battery Life, Luminova, Sapphire Crystal and 12/24 Dial Format (Date Version)
SKU Code: T/G10/QZ24/L/D
This is one of the latest MWC G10 model from MWC’s Combat Elite range, the watch has a titanium case with 300m (1000ft) Water Resistance, screw down crown, screw caseback, scratch and shatter resistant sapphire crystal and Luminova for maximum nighttime performance.
The MWC 300m titanium G10 with a Swiss Ronda 715li movement is one of their highest specification general service watches, it’s by far the highest specification watch of its type manufactured anywhere worldwide. Essentially this model combines the best of both new and traditional watchmaking technology. It retains all the popular features from the conventional 300m steel models but the titanium case, ultra low maintenance movement, Luminova, and the shatter and the scratch resistant sapphire crystal make this the ideal timepiece for all military, law enforcement and security applications.
MWC designed these watches specifically for a government contract, when it was pointed out they would not be used continuously and needed to be able to be held in storage and then issued when required without the stores worrying that the batteries might be dead we immediately recommended the Ronda 715li because the 10 year battery life of this movement completely avoids this issue.
The standard MWC G10 is one of the most tried and tested military watches and in its earlier variants has been in service for over 30 years, this model shares a similar design to the steel models but the titanium case puts it into a very separate class of watches. The G10 Combat Elite range are supplied with a NATO webbing strap. The reverse of the case carries various contract markings.
- Case Diameter: 40mm Excluding the crown
- Case Diameter: 42mm Including the crown
- Lug to Lug: 46mm
- Thickness: 13mm
- Weight: 52g
- Dial Colour: Black
- Case Material: Titanium
- Caseback: Screw down
- Crown: Screw Down
- Water Resistance: 300m / 1000ft
- Glass: Sapphire crystal with non reflective coating *
- Movement: Swiss Ronda 715li
- Battery Life: 10 Years
- Strap: Black 20mm NATO Strap
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch-resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers, and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course, sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher-end watches.